Munch's Make Believe Band (Chuck E.'s Make Believe Band in some locations or Munch's Party-Time Band in at least one version of the 1-Stage) is an animatronic band that have been playing at Chuck E. Cheese's restaurants since 1989.
Conceived and debuting in 1989 as a way to phase out the Rock-afire Explosion without removing some of their desirable elements, Munch's Make Believe Band incorporated the Pizza Time Players in a band-style setup through Concept Unification. This setup, called the 3-Stage (or CU Stage) was installed in most ShowBiz Pizza locations, shortly there after, and took one week to complete. While the construction went on, ShowBiz ran "The Rolfe and Earle Show", a compilation showtape hosted by Rolfe and Earl, that informed guests of the Rock-afire's removal, and later conversion. This showtape was the last Rock-afire tape produced for ShowBiz Pizza.
As sales improved at ShowBiz locations with the 3-Stage, ShowBiz Pizza Time (the merged company of ShowBiz and Chuck E. Cheese's) decided to bring Munch's Make Believe Band to Chuck E. Cheese's locations, first with the Road Stage, then the 1 and 2-Stages.
Nine years after Munch's Make Believe Band debuted, Chuck E. Cheese's attempted to phase the band out ever since the introduction of Studio C in 1997. The reason was because the animatronics were becoming increasingly expensive to maintain and, due to a lack of security, they were (and still are) highly susceptible to vandalism. The CU 1-Stage was introduced to replace 3-Stages in 2010 with it being installed at three locations, which changed the name of the band to Chuck E.'s Make Believe Band.
In January 2017, as part of Chuck E. Cheese's 40th anniversary, a remake of the Concept Unification demo skit with the current Chuck E. Cheese puppets and voice actors was produced.
- In March 2018, Chuck E. Cheese announced that the Munch's Make Believe Band would have their final tour. However, on April 3rd, it was announced that it was an April Fools joke and the band would not be retired. This was heavily thought to be true due to the retirement of the animatronics before April 3rd as Chuck E. Cheese Pizzeria & Games (commonly referred to as 2.0. in the fandom) was starting to be implemented since its debut in August 2017.
- Chuck E. Cheese – lead and backing vocals
- Helen Henny – lead and backing vocals, tambourine, bass guitar
- Mr. Munch – lead and backing vocals, keyboards, piano
- Jasper T. Jowls – lead and backing vocals, acoustic and electric guitars
- Pasqually P. Pieplate – lead and backing vocals, drums, percussion
- Moon – backing vocals and announcer
- Building – backing vocals and announcer
- Wink – winks after every show
- Pizzacam – backing vocals and announcer
- Munch Jr. – bounces to the music